Vegan Chocolate Cookies
By: Maggie Salter
Ready in 25 minutes
Makes 24 cookies
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup vegan butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
⅔ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 to 3 tbsp. plant-based milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add white sugar, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla to a mixing bowl and cream together with an electric mixer
Melt butter to make mixing easier.
- Sift flour and cocoa into your bowl and mix
- Add salt, baking soda, and milk to bowl and mix
Do not worry if your mixture seems somewhat dry; that is how it is supposed to be.
- Shape dough into balls, and place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper
If your dough is too dry to form balls when you squish it together, then add a bit more milk.
- Bake for 8 minutes
About halfway through, flatten cookies with a spoon
- Remove from oven, let cool, and then dust with powdered sugar
- Serve & enjoy!