Created by: Maggie Salter
Ready in 25 minutes
Makes 24 cookies
● ½ cup white sugar
● ½ cup brown sugar
● ½ cup vegan butter
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 1 cup flour
● ⅔ cup cocoa powder
● 1 tsp baking powder
● ¼ tsp salt
● 2 to 3 tbsp. plant-based milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Add white sugar, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla to a mixing bowl and cream together with an electric mixer
Melt butter to make mixing easier.
3. Sift flour and cocoa into your bowl and mix
4. Add salt, baking soda, and milk to bowl and mix
Do not worry if your mixture seems somewhat dry; that is how it is supposed to be.
5. Shape dough into balls, and place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper
If your dough is too dry to form balls when you squish it together, then add a bit more milk.
6. Bake for 8 minutes
About halfway through, flatten cookies with a spoon
7. Remove from oven, let cool, and then dust with powdered sugar
8. Serve & enjoy!